24 December 2008

Too far gone.

Lisa Mitchell (Too Far Gone) - "I wonder if you dig me too."

_______________________

Now that is just one of those expressions that I have never really understood:

"I dig those new shoes"
WHAT?

You would like to get a shovel out and "dig" them?

They look like dirt?

Those shoes make me want to dig a hole for them, so that I can bury them and never see them again?

***

And then you apply it to an actual person:

"I dig you."
"You...you what? You want to dig me? What does that even mean...which orifice are you digging? What are you digging with? ...I don't think I like you anymore..."


Thus I conclude.

Dig is an ugly and unhelpful word if you are attempting to inform someone that you feel positively about something or someone.


***


Diglet, however, was always one of my favourite Pokemon.





It was because I could actually draw it.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Diglet looked a lot like a penis. A poorly drawn penis.

As well as dig, we have the name Doug. Doug frustrates me, because it is the past-tense of this stupid word.

Anonymous said...

"Are you diggin' on me? 'Cause I'm diggin' on you. Yeah."

...i happen to like the term. mainly 'cause i should be a hippie. but, still. you're right, technically. it doesn't make sense. what's your point?

Squirrel245 said...

...Diglet?

DUGTRIO FTW.

If someone tells me they "dig" me, I automatically assume their English isn't great, and they're trying to say they want to dig my grave.

I throw fish at these people.

 
Any material on this page (excluding third party templates and images) is, unless explicitly stated otherwise, © 2009 Christopher K. All rights reserved. "Present Tense" header is © 2009 Adam P. Used with permission.